Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wrangell, Alaska.

I'm back! I had the opportunity to travel to a small town in Southeast, AK to facilitate a training for child care providers there. The population of Wrangell is about the size of my high school and makes Juneau look like a bustling metropolis. Towns in Southeast AK feel even smaller than they actually are because they can only be reached by plane or by ferry. This adds a unique element to their feel. The environment was so quiet, slow, extremely friendly and wonderfully relaxed. 
I was able to get in a quick hike and at the summit see an areal view of the entire city, there it is! 
So here's a typical AK story for ya... I stopped in Ketchikan, AK on the way home and when we were about to board at 8:25 they found some mechanical problems. They then announced to the passengers that the mechanic (THE mechanic) was on an 8:45 ferry back into town, so we had to wait for him. Only in Alaska. 

No comments:

Post a Comment