Friday, June 10, 2011

Guest Blogger...Barb Ferraro

Greetings! I knew when I decided to visit Nicole I was in for a treat. So far I have hiked, biked, visited glaciers, sat upon mountaintops, seen bald eagles and porcupines up close. I am so afraid to see a bear... oh my!  I learned in my "bear training" to speak loudly if you see one because they are more afraid of you than you are of them. Well not true for me soooooo I yell the whole time I am hiking which kinda affects the serene nature of a hike. Nicole never takes the direct route anywhere, she tends to turn a simple walk to the grocery store into a hike by going over a mountain to get there! Everything she has told you about Juneau has been true. It is a breathtakingly beautiful place! It can best be described as God's country and there are signs of him everywhere. Nicole has made the most wonderful friends at her job at AEYC, I can't thank them enough for taking such good care of her this year. They are not happy I am taking her back in September but I told them I had her first! Her friends and roommates I've met are delightful and I can't wait to meet the rest. They make me so full of hope about the future of our world. So I am off to breakfast now but I am sure before she will let me eat I will have to hike a trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment